Monday, July 11, 2016

Faithfulness and Justice

"For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love." - Psalm 33: 3-5

God hates injustice and God loves me. He is angry and broken for what I've endured at the hands of others; the self-serving, the liars, the cheaters, the immature, the users, the pretenders, the ignorant. God is broken because I AM BROKEN.

I grip my burdens tightly. They are anger, brokenness, regret, jealousy, wounds, hatred, weariness, sadness, longing... I am afraid that if I let go, my hurt will be forgotten and I'll be left alone, expected to carry on in the status quo while those responsible don't suffer any consequences. I squeeze the knife tightly in my fist as proof that someone(s) used it to cut me. I squeeze and blood comes out, my skin doesn't heal. My heart pumps blood out of my body through it. It feels good to make the blood come out so maybe they'll notice and nobody will forget about me. (I have to matter because look at what I'm carrying!)

But where's the person who came at me with the knife in the first place?
     Off somewhere, with no evidence of the weapon.
     Off somewhere, with no evidence of the wounds they inflicted.
     Off somewhere, with no consequences.
     Off somewhere, seen as...good.

                              Nobody remembers me.

If I drop the knife, the proof, will my hurt be forgotten? Will I be forgotten, because I'm not important enough for injustices against me to be remembered or bothered with?

                              Nobody but him.

"Record my misery; list my tears on your scroll - are they not in your record?" (Psalm 56:8) 

(My pain is not forgotten by God, who brings justice to my enemies because he is broken FOR ME.)

This burden I carry is heavy.

When someone(s) devalued me, I devalued myself to match.
Because I thought little of myself, I didn't notice when someone(s) thought little of me.
When someone(s) showed me through actions that I wasn't worth the effort it took to have self-control, I believed that that was probably fine, and I was worth that much effort anyway.

This burden I carry is heavy. He is JEALOUS for me. He is ANGRY for me.

Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones, to him belong. I am weak, but he is strong. 

He is strong. He can carry my burdens, so I don't have to, because He. Can. Handle. It. Because the earth is full of his unfailing love.

"Be merciful to me, my God, for my enemies are in hot pursuit; all day long they press their attack. My adversaries pursue me all day long; in their pride many are attacking me. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise - in God I trust and am not afraid. 

What can mere mortals do to me? 

All day long they twist my words; all their schemes are for my ruin. They conspire, they lurk, they watch my steps, hoping to take my life. Because of their wickedness do not let them escape; in your anger, God, bring the nations down." (Psalm 56:1-7)

"Record my misery; list my tears on your scroll - are they not in your record?" (Psalm 56:8)

(My pain is not forgotten by God, who brings justice to my enemies because he is broken FOR ME.)

God knows the INJUSTICES done against me and he is FAITHFUL to me. He is broken and bloody BECAUSE I am broken and bloody. My heart weeps at his faithful love for me. He knows...and he will not leave me. He will not forget me. He will be just. I am heard; I can let go of the knife, the proof that I'm bleeding, that is still hurting me. Blood dripping and draining from my body and energy from my heart, because he is my record keeper.

"Record my misery; list my tears on your scroll - are they not in your record?" (Psalm 56:8)

He will bring my enemies to justice in his perfect and faithful way.

"Then my enemies will turn back when I call for help. By this I will know that God is for me. In God, whose word I praise, in the Lord, whose word I praise - in God I trust and am not afraid. 

What can man do to me?

I am under vows to you, my God; I will present my thank offerings to you.  [(RESPONSE)] For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life."
-Psalm 56: 1-13

You have restored me from the darkness that ate me up, that cut my skin, that bruised my heart.

"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."
-1 John 5-7

Because he remembers, I can rest. He will take a stand for me and I am not forgotten. He remembers ME, his precious and treasured daughter.

I drop my burden in the dark and rest in the light.





No comments:

Post a Comment